- 2 cups honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Cocoburst Pistachio spread
- 1/2 cups unsalted pistachios,
- 2 cups tahini, stirred until smooth
- Gather the ingredients.
- Lightly oil a 6-cup mold, loaf, or cake pan.
- Heat the honey in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat until it reaches 240 F* or the soft-ball stage: when a bit of the syrup is dropped into cold water it should form a soft, flexible ball.
- Allow the honey to cool slightly and add the vanilla extract, pistachio spread & pistachios.
- Gently fold in the tahini and stir until the mixture is well blended.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and cool completely.
- Wrap the halvah well and refrigerate it for 24 to 36 hours so the halvah’s characteristic crystallized texture can fully develop.
- Cut the halvah into slices while it’s cold but serve at room temperature.
- The halvah can be kept in the refrigerator for several months.
Leave a comment